Travel inspiration for visiting Puerto Rico
As an avid American traveler, it’s hard to believe that I just made my first visit to Puerto Rico. All this time I had no idea what I was missing. You don’t just get the opportunity to see one island, you can visit several all within the Puerto Rico territory.
So, what kept me busy?
- I fell in love with Old San Juan’s European vibe and pastel-colored buildings
- Sailed my way around the insanely beautiful Culebra Island
- Snorkeled with stingrays
- Had wild horses surprise me in my backyard on Vieques Island
- Hung out in the up and coming neighborhoods of San Juan
- Had daily beach yoga sessions
- Explored a massive cave in Arecibo
- Checked the surf in Rincon
- Ate my weight in the most delicious rice and beans I’ve ever had
Shop the post:
Puerto Rico is such an under-rated destination in my opinion; here you can find gorgeous beaches all to yourself, a distinct culture, great food, and nightlife! If you are going to dance, La Factoria is a must! For other suggestions and tips on visiting the island and its neighbors, check out my article: